Monday 27 October 2014

DIY Fabric Flowers

I originally started making these flowers when I was making a button bouquet for my wedding. However, the more I made, the more I realised how versatile they can be. They also work great for making hair accessories, jazzing up clothing and home decorations.

I saw a lovely image, on pinterest, of a large one of these flowers on a canvas.

A flower canvas is definitely on my "things to make" list now!

The flowers themselves can be made quite easily with just a needle and thread, fabric, a pen and scissors. Using the same folds and a glue gun also works well for those who prefer a "no sew" approach. You can even buy templates to make the flowers, which makes everything even easier (although they are quite simple without them too). 

The company I bought my flower making accessory from is called Clover, they make a wide range of templates and are probably the go to people for fabric flowers. 

I did find however that using the bought templates did limit the size of your flowers to the size of your template, they where also quite expensive too (if you wanted to have every type it would be a small fortune). On the positive side, they do make the job quicker (especially at the cutting stage) and if you struggle to remember the folds for each flower then they would come in handy.



On my YouTube channel you can find a video where I make three types of these fabric flowers (one using a clover accessory) . Just click the video below to view it and if you would like to see more of my videos then please subscribe while your there 




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment