Thursday 30 October 2014

The Pumpkin Palava

I love carving pumpkins!


Two Years ago I made a cat ...



... Last year I made Peppa Pig...



.... So this year i thought I would attempt something special!

After stumbling across this image on google...


...it had be Tinkerbell!




I bought my pumkins two days ago, in Tesco. I could only find small ones so I reluctantly chose two of the best looking ones. Of course, on my way out the door I spotted all the big ones! Oooops!
Nevermind!


So, I had all my pumpkin supplies...

(and yes that is glow in the dark paint in the picture,I was extra excited about using that)



First thing you do when carving a pumpkin is to cut off the top. Right?!
Wrong (in my case anyway)!

I decided to cut off the bottom


This wasn't, by an means, an accident. I'm pretty sure I've heard of doing it this way. Although, a google search didn't seem to show any evidence of this  being a "thing".

Regardless of whether this is a "thing", or not - IT WORKS!

No more candles going out as you drop them into your pumpkin. 
PERFECT! 
I will be using this technique every year from now on!



Anyway, after emptying the guts...Yuck!


I printed off a Tinkerbell silhouette, cut it out and drew it onto my pumpkin

 ( So far so good)



Next, I went over the edges with a sharp tool



Then, started attacking it with a pumpkin saw 

(this may have been where it all went wrong)




And my Tinkerbell pumpkin was...


.. a complete FAIL!!!!




Don't worry though ...

....I still had the glow in the dark paint!


"Just decorate the other side", I thought.
"It'll all be fine", I thought.



Em.....No!







No comments:

Post a Comment